Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Friday night

These things really happen.

Me: what can I bring you?
Lady w/big weird headband who looks like Velma from Scooby Doo: Um, well, I need your help
Me: OK, sure, what do you need?
Velma: Well, cheese.
Me: OK
Velma: What do you like?
Me: Oh, well have you tried the Humboldt Fog? That's a popular one that's kind of famous, or the Robiolo is delicious if you want something mild.
Velma: Well . . .
Me: . . . yes . . .
Velma: yes but which one tastes the most like cheese?
Me: . . .
Velma: . . .
Me: . . . the most like cheese? I guess I don't know what you mean.
Velma: you know, like, cheese, like . . .
Me: . . .
Velma: . . . I'll have the olives.
Me: great

2 comments:

Destinee said...

This is so Pinter. It's all in the pauses.

Ricky said...

You should have told her to buy cheese. There would be no need for a cheese plate if wine tasted like cheese. Velma has totally spent too much time in the mystery machine.