Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tell me What you Want to Hear

You guys, now that I'm moving back to New York (official return date is Sunday February 3rd!) there's no reason to really keep this blog anymore. That is unless ya'll want to hear stories about going on musical theater auditions and playing in a rock band and living in Brooklyn. That might be interesting to someone. I guess I could just try and write witty, pithy stories about funny things that happen to me and all the precious life lessons that I learn as I go through my days. Hmmm. That sounds exactly like the kind of blog I would never read. How about reviews of things? Restaurants? Music? Musicals? Celebrity gossip? Whitman alumni gossip? Musical theater audition gossip? Cute guys on the L-train sightings? Hmm, I just don't know. Maybe I'll start writing songs and post them in unfinished form on here and then people can write in and tell me what they think of them. That puts a lot of pressure on you guys though. Well, I won't make any major decisions yet, but I'm taking suggestions. Tell me what you want to hear and I'll give it to you.

5 comments:

Sergio is Somewhere said...

don't quit! the stage fright coward in me lives vicariously through your stories! (i could totally do w/o stories of unrequited love on the subway unless it results someone being famous) congrats on finishing mamma mia, libby!

Ricky said...

my personal belief about blogs is that they are inherently selfish and self-serving enterprises. which is not necessarily a bad thing. Better to piss in an alley with your friends watching then to not pee at all. it should be your web log; your reflection in the internet tubes as you move along through time. if you wanna write a review of a restaurant, (which i think would be awesome) or of a new cd or a comment on the state of theater in nyc--do it!. i don't think you should be worried about limiting your blog with a theme, your friends and fans will read it because you create it-- and we like you. Matt's blog is a writing notebook, as is megs, ben's jivin' about the music that accompanies his life, chris is hunter s. thompsoning his way through the world and dusty is cataloging her experiences, when she gets the fancy. The question is less about what type of blog this should be and more about what do you have/want to say? Not epiphanies, but the groundwork for epiphanies, what do you want to share with people. My favorite blogs are ones that have multiple themes and storylines all of which converge to paint that bloggers life. There are a million anne franks, online, now….with multimedia slideshows!
This is our generational contribution.

Anonymous said...

Well, I miss the blogs. I really want to live vicariously through the life an actor. I do not know any actors so an actress will need to suffice. I want to hear about auditions, interviews, performances, and your general comings and goings. If you want to throw in the random thought, witicism, or political commentary, I confess that I will still probably read them.

MB said...

Heck. I'd read this blog if you read the phonebook.

Unknown said...

Well Libby, it looks like your fans lost on the blog front. Too bad. I didn't even get to see your "Midwestern guilt" interview. So, is the band back together?