Sunday, November 4, 2007

What's in your bag?


Here's an article about me in the Las Vegas Review Journal's style section. It's about me and my purse. That counts as news here. My Purse. http://www.lvrj.com/image/10814201.html

The funny thing is, I just bought a new handbag yesterday (a black Lockheart tote kind of like the red one on this page http://www.lockheart.com/ but cooler) so this article (and picture) are already out of date. And for the record, I never read New Yorker magazine. That happened to be in there because I was eating dinner alone one night and needed something to read so that men wouldn't hit on me. I figured no one in Mandalay Bay would want to talk to me if I were reading about the Hilary campaign.

And, PS - there was a wine key in my purse not because I'm an alcoholic and always need to have a bottle opener at the ready so I can have a drink any time anywhere; rather, it was a vestige from my days as a waitress when you always had to have a bottle opener at the ready because it was your job.

PPS if anyone can tell me how to make the links in this post actually work that would be great. I have that little knowledge of html.

7 comments:

bilancia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bilancia said...

Hey, Libby. This article about you is very cute. I like the part about how you're from Minnesota and things like handbags never occurred to you. It is such an old-fashioned "future starlet moves to the big city" story.

Did you know I have a blog now? It's true. And I'm giving myself an MFA with it.

Also, here is how you make a link: in the posting a blog section, type the thing you want to make a link, then select that text like you're going to copy it. Then click on the little icon that looks like a faint earth with a big chainlink on top of it. It will prompt you to enter the URL.

I am going to my blog now to link to yours so that we can be nerdy like that.

xo

PS - There was a typo in this the last time I posted it, and I'm so anal I deleted it.

Libberation said...

Sarah, thank you, you're a genius. I love University of Sarah and I'm totally putting a link to it on my blog. Mwa!

Nathan said...

"...and it has that kind of hobo-esque shape that makes it a little more urban."

Uh, HOBO-ESQUE shape? wow. Actually, when I first saw the picture, the second thing I thought was "god, she TOTALLY looks like a hobo. Or at least hobo-esque." So I guess you're right. Huh.

Libberation said...

Ha ha! Hobo is a brand dumb ass (www.hobobags.com). What have you been living in a seminary for the past three years?

Nathan said...

god I feel dumb and religious. I thought you meant hobo as in "hobo camp." Hobo camp? Everybody loves a hobo! I think I might be hobosexual.

Destinee said...

This exchange made me laugh loudly in the library. You guys are such cards.