Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Top Joke


Last night I met my first celebrity in Vegas! One of the ensemble members in our cast is dating Hung from Top Chef (see picture at left) and he brought him to this composer's showcase that some cast members were attending last night. He introduced him to us and everyone was all excited, but no one said anything about him being on Top Chef. So when he sat down next to me I leaned over and said "your challenge is to make something delicious using only items from the buffet table! you have 30 minutes! go!" My friend Rod Sutton who was sitting to my left said, "'Something delicious'? Real specific." Hung looked at me and said, "30 minutes? that's a long time." Okay so it was a bad joke, but my Padma impression was spot on.

5 comments:

Destinee said...

Hung is my least favorite Top Chef contestant. Still, way to go!

Libberation said...

Really? I'm a big fan of Hung. They totally vilified him in those first few episodes, but now I'm totally rooting for him. He's totally cute in real life.

Ricky said...

how hung is hung? Sorry that's all I got after vacation.

Destinee said...

Ok, my least favorite is probably actually Howie. Is it just me, or is he always dripping sweat all over the food? Gross!

Libberation said...

So true about Howie! But now he's off the show so I have nowhere to direct my hatred. I like all the remaining chefs and totally wish Brian was single.